£40000 - £55000 per annum
10 days ago
As the Electrical Project Manager, you will be responsible for running and organising a team of contractors and subcontractors. This will consist of managing the site delivery of capital works, service variation and life-cycle projects as part of the project delivery team.
- Manage works implementation to ensure projects are delivered safely; on time; on budget and are to a high standard from inception, to final account stage;
- Ensure the project pipeline is managed in accordance with all contractual KPI requirements
- Make sure project risks are identified and managed through effective mitigation measures;
- Monitor and communicate project financial performance and administration for all assigned projects;
- Oversee the co-ordination of operatives, sub-contractors and suppliers in a planned and controlled manner ensuring efficiency and minimising costs;
- Assist the commercial team in the initial contract negotiation process; project costs and delivery timescales; identifying possible conflict and problem solving as required;
- Act as a point of contact, managing relationships with all stakeholders, consultants and service providers, with emphasis on client satisfaction and business excellence;
- Implement and comply with policies and procedures, all legal requirements and best practice within the Group's including regular safety inspections within the allocated business area;
- Completion and / or review of risk assessments for on-site work activities;
- Produce progress and other reports, as requested, to a high standard;
- Requirement to work within a 24hr Hospital environment (as appropriate).
Qualifications or Required Experience
- Experience operating in the public and / or private FM sector with a demonstrable track record of directly managing capital works within a large and complex estate is essential, preferably within a PFI environment;
- Self-starter, able to work on own initiative as a conscientious team player;
- Organised communicator with strong inter-personal skills;
- High level of verbal, written and numeric skills;
- Computer-literate (MS Office based Products: Excel, Word, Project & PowerPoint) with a sound knowledge of CAFM/estates and project management systems;
- Ability to show understanding of Local Authority legislation, Planning Applications, Fire and Building Regulations Approvals;
- A sound knowledge of building and engineering services design and associated British Standards;
- A sound knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act; Construction Design and Management Regulations and other relevant statutory requirements;
- HNC /HND or equivalent qualification in a building or engineering discipline;
- Site Mangers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS);
- CDM experience & knowledge;
- Exposure to Passive Fire Protection (PFP) requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, friendly and fast paced team, delivering essential services.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.