Role - Project Manager (F1)
Location - Banbury
Salary - Competitive salary and benefits
Project Manager reports to the European Programme Manager. The role is based in Banbury with regular travel to Italy. Liaisons with Aero and Design to provide a project management function. Communicates with the whole team providing an effective link between the UK, Italy and the race and supply departments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Actively contribute to the initiation and scoping of projects with the aero and design departments.
- Documents the outputs required for successful project delivery by the creation and distribution of project plans, covering aero concept to track implementation.
- Create and updates project tracking documentation.
- Ability to recognise risks to design delivery and highlight where corrective actions are required.
- Extracts design output from our partners and collates into regular design release documents.
- Creates and maintains; part, BoM and demand data in our ERP/PLM systems.
- Ensures design data is available to our Italy base and race team personnel.
- Data and administrative responsibilities as directed.
- Complies with and enforces safety standards in all venues, follows and implement parts policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Assumes any responsibilities delegated by the European Programme Manager or his designee.
Education and Work Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or Business, 2 years of experience of planning and project management in an automotive or discrete manufacturing environment, Motorsports experience a plus. Must have a valid driver’s license and meet liability/casualty insurance requirements. Experience working in an international environment desirable. English written and verbal skills required, Italian skills a plus.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to create project plans from scratch.
- Knowledge of Project Management processes.
- Ability to foresee project risks and advise corrective actions to offset risks.
- Be extremely self-driven and able to work efficiently with little or no daily supervision.
- A quick thinker, be a flexible and adaptive character with the ability to react to and solve problems with speed and efficiency, sometimes under high pressure.
- Expectational communication skills with the ability to interact and influence cross-functional teams to drive performance.
Equipment and Applications:
- MS Project or planning software
- Ability to prepare and present effective presentations of complex subjects to a diverse audience.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritise within a pressurised time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional domestic or international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
If you are looking for a new opportunity working in the pinnacle of Motorsport, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Craig Pledge on 01908 228642.