£35000 per annum
6 days ago
All project costs are compiled in support of all bids/tenders and are completed on time to meet customer bid deadlines. This will involve the use of internal costing methods and obtaining costs from external suppliers to produce comprehensive and accurate costs for a large variety of products.
The role also encompasses significant communication with the customers to assist in the generation of new business and work with the clients’ Sales orders and scheduling systems.
The successful candidate will have several years’ experience working within the Rail or similar Industry (perhaps in a different role) and have been involved with the costing activities of the business in order to ensure accurate project costs are compiled. We are looking for a highly motivated person as you will be expected to work on your own initiative although you will still need to operate well within a team environment with constant liaison with other internal departments. We are seeking someone who is capable of working to deadlines and within time frames and who can work well under pressure. You will need to have very good attention to detail and a good level of concentration. A driving license and your own transport is a must.
The role will suit a person with some technical experience as a lot of the work in costing/estimating materials are taken from 3D models and 2D technical drawings. A grasp of manufacturing methods such as Laser Cutting, Bending, Welding, Paint Finishing & Assembly would be advantageous.
- Manage the control of incoming orders from the customer.
- Compilation of detailed material and labour estimates as directed.
- Advise on the feasibility of proposed designs and materials.
- Obtain quotations from external suppliers to support bids.
- Liaise with customers as to any technical queries on proposed designs/materials.
- Attend internal meetings as required.
- Create Bills of Material as required to support cost estimating.
- Manage the details of customer changes including costs and timing.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are adhered to, ensuring compliance with the accredited Integrated Management System.
- Undertake any other reasonable management request in line with the business needs.
- Excellent PC skills, in particular Microsoft Excel & spreadsheets.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- A good understanding of engineering drawings and Bills of Material.
- Strong communication skills and confidence with external customers and suppliers.
- Familiar with customer SAP type systems or portals.
- An understanding of manufacturing/assembly processes.
- Understanding principles of cost-effective manufacturing techniques.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Must embrace change and be willing to adopt new skills to support all areas of the business.
- To be flexible in a team-oriented environment.
- The ability to interpret 3D models.
- Experience with MRP /SAP system software.
- Clean driving licence and own transport.
- Engineering qualifications would be advantageous.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 4.00pm, Friday 7:30am – 1.00pm.
Location: Long Acre, Birmingham
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
Benefits: 23 Days’ Holiday per annum + Bank Holidays, Pension scheme, free onsite secure car parking, Employee Assistance Programme.
If you have project cost experience or are an experienced in sales co-ordination and have the relevant skills needed, please click apply and send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and i will be in touch