Modification Technician (Electrical and Mechanical) – Interiors
Contract – ongoing
Pay Rate: £22 per hour DAYS, £24 per hour NIGHTS
Working in partnership with a leading manufacturer of railway systems, TXM Recruit is working to recruit a number of Modification Technicians (Interiors) on a contract basis.
Based in a state of the art manufacturing facility, the Modification Technicians will be completing a range of interior overhaul, modification, re-fit and complex fault finding work on rolling stock in post-production phase.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the delivering the following:
- Undertake overhaul and modification duties
- Work from written instruction (VMI)
- Work from Mechanical Engineering drawings, working to specific measurements
- Replacing mechanical components to correspond to engineering drawings
- Completing interior modification work
- Installation of internal wiring – e.g. door systems
- Test Continuity
- Carry out basic Heating & Ventilation modifications
- installing Wi-Fi systems
- Changing relay boxes
Modification Technicians will support the delivery of new trains and will complete the appropriate processes in preparation for final train commissioning, testing and acceptance by the customer. All candidates must be prepared to work flexibly as part of a wider production team.
- Ability to comply with lean principles and best practice
- Health & safety – committed to following the correct working practices at all times
- Previous Rail/Rolling Stock industry experience is preferred, however we will consider experience gained in the following industries:
Special Purpose Machinery
Defence –Submarines / Ships / Aircraft
Ex Forces Mechanical Engineer – Routine Maintenance on Aircraft/ helicopters/ HGV (REME, RAF, Navy)
NVQ Level 2 in an Engineering discipline, or equivalent