Brackley, United Kingdom
12 months ago
Key Words: production engineer, NX, CNC Programming, jigs, fixtures, NPI
Production Engineer Summary
This world renowned manufacturer for the aerospace, motorsport and automotive sectors are looking for a production engineer due to continued growth. As part of the production engineering team you will be a key interface between all departments to ensure successful transition from design to production of all new products.
Production Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design/develop & implement new production methods/jigs/fixtures to support the NPD process
- Producing CNC programs on 3, 4 & 5 axis plus Turn-mill machines via NX9 & Vericut verification methods.
- Manage the effective release of new products into Production.
- Design/develop and implement new cutting technologies to improve existing production methods / product on the production line.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment/jigs & fixtures, using TPM where appropriate
- Work with all departments for the successful transition of new products from design through to production, including short lead time prototypes.
- Produce and maintain associated documentation such as Process Instructions, Test Instructions & BOM contents for all product builds.
- Assist with the implementation of staff training programs.
- Manage cost containments.
- Estimating production times & costs.
- Checking BOM’s for structure & content.
- Work with supply chain on potential cost reduction programs.
Production Engineer Requirements
- Demonstrable machining experience of complex (Automotive or Aerospace) components.
- Relevant engineering qualification (HNC or higher).
- Proven experience using CAD/CAM systems (NX9).
- Experienced in the use of Vericut 7 & SAP ERP system.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of modern machining and inspection techniques.
- Demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving and root cause analysis and countermeasure.
- Strong planning and organisation skills, embracing change.