Competitive Industry Salary + Benefits
about 1 month ago
Key Words: Production Engineer, NX, CNC Programming, jigs, fixtures, NPI
Production Engineer Summary
This world renowned manufacturer for the aerospace, motorsport and automotive sectors are looking for a production engineer due to continued growth. As part of the production engineering team you will be a key interface between all departments to ensure successful transition from design to production of all new products.
Production Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design/develop & implement new production methods/jigs/fixtures to support the NPD process
- Producing CNC programs on 3, 4 & 5 axis plus Turn-mill machines via NX9 & Vericut verification methods.
- Manage the effective release of new products into Production.
- Design/develop and implement new cutting technologies to improve existing production methods / product on the production line.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment/jigs & fixtures, using TPM where appropriate
- Work with all departments for the successful transition of new products from design through to production, including short lead time prototypes.
- Produce and maintain associated documentation such as Process Instructions, Test Instructions & BOM contents for all product builds.
- Assist with the implementation of staff training programs.
- Manage cost containments.
- Estimating production times & costs.
- Checking BOM’s for structure & content.
- Work with supply chain on potential cost reduction programs.
- Demonstrable machining experience of complex (Automotive or Aerospace) components.
- Relevant engineering qualification (HNC or higher).
- Proven experience using CAD/CAM systems (NX9).
- Experienced in the use of Vericut 7 & SAP ERP system.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of modern machining and inspection techniques.
- Demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving and root cause analysis and countermeasure.
- Strong planning and organisation skills, embracing change.
If this job sounds like the right fit for you please apply today!
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.