TXM Recruit are working closely with a hugely successful international company to recruit for a Manufacturing Engineer to work at their Crewe site. This really is a great opportunity to work with a world leader and continue building and progressing your career.
The company are based in the Rail Industry and they overhaul wheel sets, bogies, pantographs and are the UK market leader with 40% of the market share.
The site is very operationally focussed and have been on a company turnaround for the last 10 years investing in the site on new equipment (£9m million in past 5 years) to improve the quality of their work and the performance of their business. The facility is now one of the best cost in Europe and have a 99% right first time on time delivery of their products. They have a stable stream of business and have an excellent reputation within the Industry. They are investing a further 3 - 4 million pound on digital technology for the site.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- As the Manufacturing Engineer you will be playing a key role in an ongoing significant capital improvement and reorganisation project of the existing Manufacturing and Assembly processes at the Crewe Site, ensuring the business remains a market leader in the rail industry. This will be a varied role leading to involvement in Site Service activities, improvement methodology and coordination and planning skills to achieve the desired company objectives and efficient installation of plant and equipment
- The successful candidate will be able to assess the current status, recommend improvements to existing processes or justification of new plant and equipment supporting efficiency and capacity increases across the site in line with company expectations.
- S/he shall provide and execute a standard approach to new product introduction across all Manufacturing and Assembly areas leading multi-disciplined teams through the process.
- The company is making significant long term investments in the site and we are looking for an individual to take a leading role and strengthen the Manufacturing Engineering Team.
- Justify capital and revenue expenditure in line with project requirements and company expectations
- Ensure all project budgets are maintained and achieved within set limits
- Play a leading role in implementation of project tasks retaining ownership for all actions
- On a daily basis liaise with suppliers ensuring that they meet agreed targets
- Develop a clear improvement plan for manufacturing and assembly areas through lean methodology; lead and facilitate the execution of the plan
- Manage process and product changes to implementation following the NPI process
- Manage projects on a daily basis ensuring all targets are met
- Support new business opportunities in the development of value stream mapping, manufacturing build process, and risk assessments (PFMEAs)
- Coach and facilitate cross-functional teams ensuring all parties have an understanding of project requirements.
if you feel this role is suitable and something you can get your teeth stuck into, send me your CV to email@example.com and i will be in touch with all successful candidates.