30 days ago
Permanent role in Formula 1
TXM are currently working with a Formula 1 team who are looking to bring in a new Performance & Simulation Engineer to focus on the Ride and Vertical Dynamics characteristics of the of the vehicle model and simulator.
In this role you will need to utilise your prior experience with vertical and full vehicle dynamics to actively support the future car development. The aim of this role is to discover and development performance of the future car.
- Contribute to the continuous development of the vehicle model to improve the correlation with the track in terms of vertical dynamics.
- Improve and develop methodologies to make vertical dynamics an integral part of vehicle performance simulations used for objective technical decision-making.
- Propose and develop medium term solutions to address ride performance limitations of the current car and deliver lap time improvements with the medium-term car development programme.
- Actively support the future car development programme using the appropriate ride simulation and analysis tools to deliver the fastest car over the season.
- Propose and develop new concepts to improve car ride and differentiate our performance from competitors.
- Prototype those concepts in the existing simulation environment to carry out the necessary functionality and performance studies.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent academic background with a Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering Degree (preferably masters, 2:1 minimum grade) or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in
- vehicle handling and ride
- suspension systems
- analysis of experimental and simulation data for objective technical decision-making
- modelling and simulation of vehicles
- lap simulation.
- Familiar with optimisation problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams, to ambitious deadlines, and under minimal supervision.
- Motivated and focused person with excellent communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Matlab is a requirement. Experience with Dymola is a bonus.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you If this role sounds like something you would be well suited to, apply today.