£14.20 per hour
20 days ago
Pay: £14.20 PAYE.
Shifts: Mornings 7am - 3pm and afternoons 3pm - 11pm
Duration: 1 year
- Preparation of weld surfaces in readiness for welding.
- Preparation of Aluminum extrusion using a variety of rotary head cutting tools and abrasive wheels.
- Safe handling and movement of bulk panels using approved lifting techniques.
- Chemical cleaning of prepared surfaces with consideration to COSHH regulations
- Support fabrication operations following safe systems of work
Additional paint responsibilities include:
- Preparation of the aluminum car body by way of degreasing, washing, masking, sanding & shot blasting in readiness for welding
- Application of various protective coatings, such as primer
- Application of putty / filler to remove any undulations throughout the car body
- Post primer & filler sanding to ensure the correct surface requirements in readiness for the application of the top coat
- Application of vinyl materials where required
- Utilising top coat polishing tools & techniques to ensure the highest quality and to achieve the desired customer specifications
Applicants should be able to demonstrate all of the Essential Requirements listed below:
- Able to perform a variety of painting and manufacturing tasks with good levels of dexterity
- Demonstrate a good standard of numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- The ability to work to deadlines and deliver to schedule.
- Willing to communicate openly, honestly respectfully at all levels
- Ability to learn new manufacturing skills to a high standard
- Willing to learn new job skills - Kaizen, 5S and participate in improvement activities
- A willingness to work flexibly and a positive approach to work and working patterns
- Commitment to working as part of a team
- To effectively work alone or within a team
- Be willing to take responsibility for own performance
- Have a ‘Can do’ attitude to supporting both manufacturing and other functions
- Be willing to undertake travel in the UK and overseas as and when required.