P-Way Design Engineer
Unique opportunity with an established, major engineering consultancy based in the UK that are rapidly expanding their teams following their continued success.
Based in their client’s Cardiff office, the team are looking for a P-Way Design Engineer that has previous experience of working within a consultancy on P-Way track design. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers, where you will collaboratively use your technical expertise to deliver the project to the highest standards.
As a P-Way Design Engineer, you will
- Develop designs in accordance with the Client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions assist in the development and supervision of project team members
- Represent the business stream in multi-disciplinary project teams within a rail environment
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
- Prepare and check of feasibility studies, appraisal / assessment reports and other written documents
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options Prepare and check of assessment, calculations, design calculations and structural analysis
- Produce and check design concepts, design details, drawings specifications and other technical documents
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
- Provide clients with track design and construction expertise
- Develop track layout and route alignment designs
To be considered for the role you must have
- A degree in civil engineering, proven experience within a consultancy, and be chartered via ICE or ISructE
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and relevant engineering software packages
- Understanding of P-way, track design
- Good experience of the co-ordination of the design process and team management
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners, supply chain, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Environmental awareness Tool Box talk IOSH managing safely
What will you get in return?
- A competitive salary
- 32 days annual holidays (including bank holidays), with the option to buy more
- Excellent career development opportunities, with access to internal and external training, which you will be encouraged and supported to take part in
- Flexible working
My client is looking to interview in the next couple of weeks, so If you meet the requirements, please apply today to avoid missing out!