£40000 per annum
25 days ago
The main aim of the role is to lead and manage an operational team in the provision of third party logistics for Siemens, ensuring all customer requirements, safety policies, and Unipart Way objectives are achieved.
This operations manager position directly manages 3x team leaders with a second line of 21 heads including operatives, process leaders and supply chain planners. All are based on the same site so daily contact with all direct reports.
Focus is on Operations Management and ensuring KPI’s/SLA’s are achieved. Driving CI and service excellence throughout the operation.
Work involved is managing the operational team varies day to day and requires initiative and judgement of the post holder. Difficult tasks will be handled as and when required with support as required.
- Experience in a management role within a warehouse environment
- Experience in implementing safety policies and processes.
- Record of having delivered quality, cost and delivery improvements through a structured change process.
- Experience of utilising 5S, creative problem solving and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence customers and senior management.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Fluent presentation skills.
- Flexible approach to tasks undertaken and working arrangements.
- HSE qualification.
- Experience in the rail sector.
- Comfortable in analysing data, preferably Six Sigma green belt qualified.
- Full UK driving licence.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this position, please click apply
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.