A leading manufacturer of Power Electronics for the defence, aerospace and rail industries, looking for an Operations Director for their South West facility.
As a specialist manufacturer of PCB assemblies, electronic test equipment and wound components, our products are business critical to many of the world’s leading aircraft, space and defence companies.
As a customer led business, your main focus with be on providing customers the products as services they need. You will need to demonstrate operational excellence regarding safety, quality, delivery and cost with a large focus on team engagement.
Your key areas of focus will include:
· Developing and embedding a health and safety culture
· Creating high levels of engagement through communication and people development
· Achieving superior levels of customer service via lean and continuous improvement activities
· Developing end to end supply chain to facilitate sustained growth
· Working with Group Operations and Supply Chain departments to deploy group wide standards and best practices
· Setting a platform to allow continued organisational growth
· Deploying effective operations processes including SOP, Material Planning, Supply Chain, Performance Management and Process Introduction
· Delivering key financial and performance data to the leadership team
You will likely be degree educated in a technical or management related subject and ideally come from a manufacturing background (aerospace, defence or related would be advantageous) and understand the complexity of such an environment.
You must have strong leadership, analytical, influencing and decision-making skills along with excellent commercial awareness with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to support transformational change.
A Lean Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement background is essential.
In return you will be rewarded with a very competitive basic salary and benefits including, car allowance, bonus, pension, healthcare etc.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.