£18.46 per hour
17 days ago
The primary purpose of the role would be to carry out both planned and reactive maintenance on a wide variety of mechanical and electrical buildings services engineering plant, ensuring all activities are completed in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with the contracted output specifications, as well as following all processes and procedures.
- Ensure the routine PPMs are carried out to all mechanical and electrical plant in accordance with Site task schedules (SFG20) and CAFM requirements.
- Reactive tasks throughout the sites are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made.
- Plant faults and defects are always swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order.
- Suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works. Provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works.
- Relevant paperwork/CAFM is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
- Risk assessments and menthod statements (RAMS) are always prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices. Operate a Permit to Work System (PTW) in accordance with Equan’s Technical and SHEQ processes and client requirements (or approved client system).
- Develop a good working relationship with all members of Equants staff, subcontractors and the client representatives. Develop a safe and healthy working environment. Includes wearing of uniform and PPE. A professional image of Equans is presented to clients at all times
- Provide up to date plant logs are kept at all times. All plant rooms under the responsibility of Equans are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Supervising and monitoring of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance.
- Arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
- Undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training.
- Assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate. An awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's.
- CAFM systems (Maximo) is kept up to date and PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
- Carry out any other task as directed by the Management team.
- The position will require you to provide engineering support in emergency situations to ensure business and operational continuity.
Pay: £18.46 p/h
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 3 years’ engineering experience
- Multi-skilled with formal engineering qualification to ONC, NVQ Level 3 or higher, in an electrical or mechanical subject or a Nationally recognised apprenticeship in an engineering discipline
- City and Guilds Level 3 Electrical Installation, 17th and 18th Edition
- Plumbing and heating maintenance experience
- Experience within public sector is desirable.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.