- To work in accordance with the requirements of Health Technical Memoranda (HTM’s) and any other relevant statutory compliance requirements, Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 etc.
- To be certified Appointed Person in critical systems including Medical Gas Pipeline Systems.This requires the post holder to be trained, certificated and reassessed at regular intervals, generally three yearly.
- To support, advise and action Policy and Safe Working Procedures as a Competent Person (Mechanical).
- Actively participate in the operation and control of all engineering planned maintenance schemes and undertake essential repair works and general maintenance activities to plant and non-medical equipment.
- Undertake fault finding on complex medical gas systems, low pressure heating water systems, critical systems and equipment and pressurised steam systems. Using cause effect analysis and detailed examination to gain a solution and use of all relevant drawings and schematics.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance inspections and commission and test in accordance with published procedures.
- Complete all report sheets and test certificates as necessary and mark up any drawing alterations.
Complete all Task/Risk Assessment sheets relating to work.
- Use of all relevant tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works ensuring full compliance with our clients Guidelines and Controls e.g. Risk Assessment, Site Safety, Fire Safety, Control of Infection and Hazardous Substances.
- Carry out emergency repairs as required (which may require overtime).
- Obligation to undertake training where necessary to learn new techniques and technology.
- Understand the relationship of other maintenance crafts to this role.
- Monitors the building services and report defects to the Technical Supervisors.
- Familiar in the use of Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Recording of planned and reactive maintenance in the site CAFM systems via electronic data devices.
- Provide feedback on PPM results in relation to building related PPM issues and Fire Safety.
- Awareness and understanding of contract KPI’s to ensure compliance and effective service delivery
- Communicate with wards/departments to ensure awareness of planned/re-active works in their area and ensure completion to their satisfaction.
- Supervise, communicate and develop other trades staff and assess/evaluate the quality of the work.
- Ensures that all activities proceed in a safe manner compliant with Statutory Regulation, CDM, Good Practice, etc by compiling procedures, monitoring standards and maintaining records.
- May require participation on a shift roster, which will include working unsocial hours.
- All employees have a duty to report any accidents, complaints, defects in equipment, near misses and untoward incidents, following the clients procedures.
If you are looking to start a new rewarding and exciting role within the engineering industry then why not make an application today? If you feel you may match some of the requirements but not all then we urge you to still make an application and enquire on the areas you feel there may be training needed.