£25.24 - £37.86 per hour
19 days ago
A new opportunity has opened for a number of Mechanical Technicians for one of the largest Global train Manufactures.
We are looking for individuals from a rolling stock, REME and Aircraft (Avionics) background who hold advanced experience within the field of Mechanical maintenance.
Location: Edinborough Craigentinny Depot
Contract: 4 months
Pay: £25.24 hourly (Inside ir35) Would need to go Umbrella or PAYE.
Hours: 40 hours a week guaranteed with posibility of another 10 if overtime is required.
Qualification: Level 3 minimum
Possible list of tasks carried out on the train are:
• Implementation of Maintenance instructions
• Checking of defect reporting systems designed to advise known safety defects or restrictions applicable to the movement of the Train.
• Checking the presence of external equipment and systems connected to the vehicle, or in the path of the vehicle.
• Removing, replacing and fault finding of Rolling Stock components
• Checking the safe condition of passenger and train crew accommodation, for example lighting, heating etc.
• Door systems checks
• Checking Oil levels / Oil Change
• Checking Water levels
• Carry out basic Heating & Ventilation modifications
• Carry out basic seating modifications and maintenance / Grab rail modifications
• Checking Driver seats / Wiper motors/ Couplers/ Actuators
• Working from detailed schematic drawings
• Test Continuity using Fluke / Multi-Meter
• Exhaust maintenance (to reduce emissions)
Please click to apply or speak to Kenny McEvoy from TXM Recruit