We are looking to recruit an experienced and committed Mechanical Plumbing Engineer with a high work standard to support a contract at a large healthcare establishment
The post holder will have the required maintenance skills to ensure the safe and continuous operation of Mechanical engineering services and the building plant as part of a flexible team responsible, through the line Management Structure of Supervisors to Head of Estates.
Required qualifications are an appropriately recognised Mechanical/Engineering apprenticeship
- C&G, Scotvec (SVQ3), or equivalent, C&G 9730
The post holder will very much be involved with the maintenance and minor works service covering a wide and varied range of mechanical equipment servicing large industrial units such as dual fired boilers and heating and ventilation distribution equipment.
All mechanical equipment throughout the building that comprises heating equipment (pumps, control valves, radiators) ventilation equipment (fans, heating/cooling coils, Humidification) Domestic Hot Water equipment (calorifiers, safety devices) compressors, manifolds for medical gases, Building Management System control equipment.
Work involves the use of analytical test devices, specialist tools, workshop fixed equipment, portable electrical equipment, welding equipment, emergency generators, medical gas equipment, suction units, geared drives.
- Be able to work in accordance with the requirements of Health Technical Memoranda (HTM’s); Medical Gases HTM 2022 and Water Supplies HTM 2027, HTM 2040 and (Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) L8), Ventilation Plant HTM 2025 and any other relevant statutory compliance requirements (Pressure Systems Regulations 2000).
- To work in accordance with the requirements of the clients rules for the Safe Operation of Low Voltage Systems as competent person (LV) for the organisation.
- Actively participate in the operation and control of all engineering planned maintenance schemes.
- Work overtime to carry out emergency repairs as required.
- Undertake essential repair works and general maintenance activities at the request of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- To liaise with the Maintenance Supervisor and M&E Services Manager regarding plant or equipment failures.
- Undertake fault finding on complex medical gas systems, low pressure heating water systems, critical systems and equipment and pressurised steam systems. Using cause effect analysis and detailed examination to gain a solution and use of all relevant drawings and schematics.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance, inspections, commissioning and testing in accordance with published procedures, completing all report sheets and test certificates as necessary.