£26000 - £29000 per annum
about 1 month ago
As a Mechanical Fitter you will be working on a 36.5 hour working week Monday to Friday, with a salary banding of £26000 to £29000 dependant on experience.
We are looking for mechanical fitters who have experience on heavy commercial vehicles, precision measuring equipment and can interpret engineering drawings.
As a Mechanical Fitter, task will include:
· Overhaul of cooler groups, transmissions, couplers, and engine rafts based primarily in the workshop.
· Mechanical fitting, assembly, strip, survey, and test
· Read drawings, identify components, assemble and/or repair mechanical equipment
· Maintain good quality and efficiency
· Flexibility of skills to carry out testing, basic wiring, and mechanical fitting
· Maintain good housekeeping, awareness of and adherence to health and safety requirements
· Ability to complete technical documentation as work is progresses
· To perform other duties as assigned from time to time
Requirements for a Mechanical Fitter would be:
· Minimum four years mechanical fitting, preferably for rotating equipment
· Ability to work to strict quality guidelines within ISO9001 and RISAS
· Preferably time-served apprentice trained, or other relevant qualification
· A working knowledge of safety systems such as Risk Assessments and COSHH Assessments will be advantageous
· Ability and willingness to learn new skills
· A flexible approach to meet customer demands
Benefits for the Mechanical Fitter role include:
· Annual Bonus (pro rata on year of joining)
· Pensions 3% EE and 6% ER
· Life Assurance
· Salary/Bonus Sacrifice
· Private Health Care
· Dental Health Care
· Cycle to work scheme
If you are a Mechanical Fitter and looking for your next exciting opportunity, contact me now to discuss further.