Northampton, United Kingdom
about 1 year ago
We are working closely with this world-renowned business working within the Automotive and F1 sectors. A rare opportunity has arisen for a Materials Engineer to join the team. You will report directly into the Quality team working on both mass production and development projects, so the ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences in an appropriate, meaningful and influential manner is paramount.
A number of responsibilities will fall within the remit of the Materials Engineer including, but not limited to:
- Residual Particle Analysis to automotive standards
- Sectioning and mounting of metallurgical samples
- Microscopic evaluation of samples to support mass production control plans
- Develop and document new Laboratory procedures including expansion of Laboratory scope
- Liaison with suppliers on metallurgical issues.
- Development of heat treatment and surface treatment documentation
The successful candidate will be degree level qualified in Metallurgy, Materials Science or an Engineering Subject with a bias towards materials and have exceptional attention to detail. You will be able to work under pressure and have the ability to work a diverse range of products and projects simultaneously. Previous automotive/motorsport experience is essential.