£125 per day
13 days ago
2 month contract
37.5 hours per week
TXM Recruit are looking for a Materials Controller on an initial 2 month contract to support a leading train manufacturing company based in Bristol.
Warranty & Repairs Management
• Configuration management of functional locations on material management system
• Control & manage a log of Repairable Material
• Confirm necessary manufacturer part numbers & serial numbers from the product as per the DRF
• Interaction & communication with other departments for required information & sharing
• Transact SAP movements of repairable/defective material into the relevant quarantine location
• Carry out any necessary SAP transactions to allow return of material to vendor
• Package up material in relevant boxes or crates or pallets ready for dispatch to vendors
• Arrange the distribution to vendors both UK & non-UK, following current transportation guidelines
• Attend any relevant meetings or calls relating to Warranty & Repairs
• Collate data for daily/weekly/monthly KPI’s and report as required to management.
Administration & SAP:
• Providing ad-hoc administration support to the Materials team when requested.
• Raising purchase requisitions for local consumables (Non-product)
• Goods Receiving consumable items via SAP and resolving any issues when required.
• Resolving invoice queries with both internal and external stakeholders to satisfactory conclusion in a timely fashion for the avoidance of supply or credit control issues arising.
• Requesting quotes from local supplier as per requests from Material team.
• Chasing local supplier for lead times and resolving any queries in an orderly fashion.
• PPE Ordering for new starters & any replenishment's of stock.
Special Tool Management:
• Special tool / general tool ordering and tracking
• Management of the certification / calibration process of special tools via the required protocols and control portals ensuring availability of such to production and maintenance is maintained at all times.
• Full responsibility and accountability of special tool stock control and audits
• Assisting the Stores with tasks when requested by the Materials team
• Assisting the Overhaul Team with return of repairable components & management of log.
Health & Safety:
• Adhere to health, safety, environmental & quality practices in the workplace.
• Be the Materials team representative in the SSHEQ meeting where site rules allow
• Feedback to the team regarding any SSHEQ issues or suggestions where applicable
• Work with the Materials Team to deliver ad hoc site specific tasks on request
If you are interested in this contracting opportunity and would like some more information then please get in touch with Charlie Webster at TXM Recruit.