Northampton, United Kingdom
11 months ago
We are seeking a hands on Manufacturing Team Leader to support this world renowned manufacturing business supplying into both the motorsport and aerospace industries
Manufacturing Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Well versed in the operation of Machinery
- Assign day to day tasks to operators.
- Manage flow of product through manufacturing to minimise lead-time and maximise machine and people utilisation.
- Operate machine tools work stations.
- Support shop floor personnel with problem solving (e.g. tooling, fixtures, CMM etc).
- Ensure TPM is carried out.
- Liaise with MTR and Support with repairs.
- Provide production and down time information to management team
- Champion a culture of process improvement across the team.
- Ensure conformance to Quality Management System.
- Embed 5S working practices.
- Identify and implement cycle and process time reductions.
- Identify and action training needs to create a multi-skilled workforce
- Ensure all production paperwork is maintained, and supporting documents are generated.
Manufacturing Team Leader Skills & Experience
- Leadership experience in a precision manufacturing environment.
- Competent broad range of mechanical engineering and manufacturing skills.
- Basic numerical and computer skills.
- Change oriented and keen to promote forward thinking.
- Effective team building skills.
- Effective communicator both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer focused both internal and external.
- Automotive engineering experience/background would be highly advantageous
Please click on the apply button and we will be in touch asap to discuss your application.