Market Leading Pay Rates Available
about 1 month ago
We are seeking an exceptional manufacturing engineer (Programming) to join our clients team on a contract basis.
The purpose of the role will be to...:
1. NC program, plan processes, design & select tools, , set up, modify, optimise and monitor manufacturing process. Work to produce high quality goods in the shortest lead time.
2. Be designers, as well as analytical and creative thinkers. Operate on your own initiative but also contribute as a team member working with engineers from various disciplines. Work with professionals from all areas of the business.
3. Ensure the manufacturing / assembly areas are fully operational on a daily basis and are delivering to the safety, quality, delivery and cost metrics; Prime responsibility.
To be a success in this role you will...
- Achieve objectives set for you on time and with the specified quality.
- Demonstrate an ability to embrace change and rise to challenges set by your line manager.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the delivery requirements in our concurrent environment.
- Create work instructions such that parts are manufactured to desired quality in the required lead time.
- Be responsible for parts and ensure the production areas are fully operational.
- Creating NC programs for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones.
- Working with other engineers such as mechanical engineers and electrical engineers, to ensure products and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to finished result.
- Managing budgets.
- Keeping up to date with current and developing trends at national and international levels in the manufacturing industry.
- Continuously developing skills and knowledge.
- Communicating with various professionals from different areas of the business
- Experience of CNC machining in a precision engineering environment.
- Previous experience of R&D type activities. (Rapid change environment).
- High level of CNC programming competency in Fanuc or Heidenhain languages.
- Working in teams or independently with successful, achievable results.
- Working closely with the quality department to achieve design requirements.
- Experience of CAD CAM and verification software.
- Previously worked in similar work environment and products (motorsport, aircraft, engine development programs).
- Catia V5, Openmind, Vericut qualified is essential
- Renishaw Probing experience
- Manufacturing processes; machining with various machine types; turning, milling and grinding.
- CAD, CAM & NC Verification
- Machining various materials.
- Understanding quality requirements.