Your list of duties will often cover the entire gamut of electrical and mechanical engineering, from planning, design and development to production, deployment and maintenance. Furthermore, you may be responsible for making improvements to existing electrical products, solutions and services. Although your day-to-day activities and responsibilities will differ, your core activities will include.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Comply with SHE and all statutory Safety, Health and Environment requirements.
- Ensure accurate & timely records are entered / recorded of all work carried out, root causes of failures and of spares / consumables used.
- Ensure engineering downtime is accurately logged, monitor repair times, and find new methods / procedures to reduce these.
- Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions and special tools are readily available to all engineering staff.
- Provide engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all equipment.
- To apply systematic diagnostics in electrical/mechanical engineering to minimise the impact of plant failures/breakdowns.
- Contract labour
- All machinery & equipment on site
- Liaise with production managers to be aware of all concessions relating to engineering issues and ensure appropriate action plans are in place
Experience / Qualifications:
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent
- Recognised electrical and mechanical qualifications to 17th Edition
- Self-managing - Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
- Flexible working attitude, as you will be required to work such other hours as the company may deem necessary.
- Sound communication / training skills
- Three (3) years’ minimum of maintenance experience – Manufacturing
- Experience of working with PLC’s (Siemens S7, S5 and Alan Bradley)
- The ability to drive change and any continues improvement