“M&E Quantity Surveyor”
We are seeking an experienced M&E Quantity Surveyor to join our team in the Northampton office on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Operations Director.
The Quantity Surveyor (QS) is a key role in supporting the “in house” Project Management Teams commercially. The QS must ensure compliance with common forms of contract (NEC & JCT) and advise, coach & support the Project Management Teams in delivering projects within the Encon governance framework. Key tasks include:
- Preparing & reviewing Viability Reports & Tender Reports
- Budget and procurement advice
- Cost planning including interim valuation, project cash flow forecasting, and negotiation of final accounts
- Site inspections to support accurate budget costing and post measure
- Effectively using Encon’s national supply chain to maximise best value for both customer expenditure and investment
- Maintaining accurate contract cost plans
- Accurate project, team and Director level reporting
- Management of key contractor relationships to ensure best value and service
- Negotiating financial settlements with our suppliers where disputes arise
- Minimum qualification: QS Professional qualification MRICS or similar, minimum 5+years post qualification experience, M&E QS experience & knowledge
- Experience and understanding of various forms of procurement, in particular the NEC and JCT standard forms
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Able to work across a large number of projects at one time
- Commercially astute with good negotiating skills
- Team player with good communication skills and an approachable yet assertive style
The role includes a competitive salary of between £45 and £50k (dependent upon experience). Company Car allowance, 20 days holiday (+8 days public holidays), Optional “Well Being” and occupational health programmes, and Pension Scheme with 3% employer contribution.
Based: Northamptonshire based. Permanent.