£165 per day
about 1 month ago
Support of logistics communications for efficient collations of customs process requirements.
Support of suppliers for the completion of customs requirements.
Management of communications for support export and import customs declarations.
This role is to facilitate correct customs for our team and suppliers to allow us all to meet our customs obligations.
This role is one of the key supports to enable and communications with our suppliers to support Customs requirements.
Our suppliers need support and assistance to ensure all the required documents are completed and provided to each party in the correct format and timescales to allow completion of customs paperwork.
If the customs paperwork is completed correctly and in a timely manner the logistics networks can flow and our business can thrive together with our suppliers. You will be key part of the team to make this all work smoothly.
The role can be challenging and requires an adaptable, flexible and go to support for our teams and suppliers.
The logistics team is adaptable, close knit and mutually supportive team and deliver for our stakeholders the most efficient and responsive logistics services.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Key Skills & Experience:
It is our expectation that successful applicants should be able to demonstrate all of the experience and skills listed below:
- Ability to quickly build and enhance relationship by all means including phone and email.
- An ability to make working and value building internal relationship within procurement, materials and other stakeholder teams.
- Accuracy and accurate recording of requirements and management of documents in tight timescales.
- Experience of managing key stakeholders including suppliers.
- Experience of compiling accurate and concise reporting.
- An ability to bring resolution of commercial and practical issues.
- Completion of reports and exceptional reporting of issues.
- Ability to work confidently in English.
- Good numeracy skills and ability to work with spreadsheets.
- Good time management and self-reliant.
- A problem solver and solution finder.
- An ability to research and communicate technical information and customs rules.
- Ability to self-manage and work remote from line management.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Suitable technical qualification or work experience.
- Relevant experience in supplier management – CIPS partial qualification.
- Ability to communicate in other European languages including German, French, Spanish and Italian.
- Previous experience of supporting HMRC.
- Experience of management of Purchase Orders, Commercial Invoices and Customs Declarations.
- Understanding the language of customs and import / export controls.
- Understanding the language of logistics and the associated acronyms to ensure the correct service is requested.
- Basic understanding of the relevant acronyms and languages of logistics.
- Basic appreciation of the cost implications of maintaining the supply chain.