£27.34 per hour
26 days ago
As a locomotive technician you will be working on a varied shift pattern and will be on an hourly rate of £27.34ltd per hour, working a 40-hour week. This role does fall inside of IR35
As a technician you will deliver engineering services to DI8 Locomotives. Prime functions are locomotive maintenance to ensure fleet reliability.
Tasks of a technician will include:
· Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, and fault-finding activities as necessary
· Act as lead engineer for contracts, projects, or tasks as necessary to support operational performance or customer demand as identified by line manager
· Take the lead role in progressing specific technical engineering issues as directed by line manager, providing guidance to other engineers as necessary
· Carry out in process checks / audits in line with Company quality management standards and processes
· To undertake risk assessments and implement appropriate control measures in line with legislation and rail industry requirements.
Requirements for a technician include:
· Relevant experience gained in a similar position in a heavy industrial environment.
· Proven track record of working effectively with Electrical engineering technology, associated systems, and controls.
· Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship or equivalent experience
· BTEC National Certificate /ONC in Engineering or European equivalent.
If you are a Technician and looking for your next exciting opportunity contact me now to discuss further.