Newark on Trent
£30000 - £36000 per annum
10 months ago
Currently seeking Technicians on a permanent basis to join a growing rail business based in Peterborough.
As a Technician you will be working on a varied shift pattern and will be offered a fantastic base salary between £30,000 & £36,000 subject to experience plus a 12.5% shift allowance.
Prime functions of a Technician are locomotive maintenance to ensure fleet reliability. You will be responsible for the high quality and effective execution of allocated contract maintenance and engineering projects within agreed timescales and budgets.
These roles are open to individuals with Locomotive, heavy plant, lorry, agricultural experience or EX-REME.
As a Technician your role will include various tasks such as:
· Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification and fault-finding activities as necessary
· Take the lead role in progressing specific technical engineering issues as directed by line manager, providing guidance to other engineers as necessary
· Work with the Business Development team to identify new business opportunities and to maintain existing customer satisfaction
· Providing written reports and provide information for line manager and other managers as required
· Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship or equivalent experience
· BTEC National Certificate /ONC in Engineering or European equivalent.
· Proven track record of working effectively with Diesel engineering technology, associated systems and controls
· Ability to develop competences and expertise in both self and others in order to gain a satisfactory standard and deliver results within agreed timescales.
· Able to work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality
· Non-confrontational when handling or involved in conflict situations and able to adopt a passive and non-demanding working ethic in order to achieve agreed and acceptable standards and timescales.
· A logical, analytical and objective approach to problem solving and fault diagnosis
If you are a Technician and looking for your next exciting opportunity contact me now to discuss further.