£30500 per annum
about 1 month ago
As a Locomotive Technician you will be working on a varied shift pattern and will be offered a fantastic salary plus other company benefit. Experience of working with heavy maintenance, for example HGV lorries or Rail carriages is required.
As a Locomotive Technician you will deliver high quality production services (repair, overhaul, and modifications) in a safe and efficient manner. You will be responsible for the quality of own work, cleaning and tidying of work area.
These roles are open to individuals from an ex-military, REME, engineering and manufacturing background looking to start a career within the rail industry.
As a Locomotive Technician your role will include various tasks such as:
· Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification and fault-finding activities as necessary
· Act as lead engineer for contracts, projects or tasks as necessary to support operational performance or customer demand as identified by line manager
· Take the lead role in progressing specific technical engineering issues as directed by line manager, providing guidance to other engineers as necessary
· Data input to locomotive history tracking system completed in a timely manner
· Carry out in process checks / audits in line with Company quality management standards and processes
· To undertake risk assessments and implement appropriate control measures in line with legislation and rail industry requirements.
· Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship or equivalent experience
· BTEC National Certificate /ONC in Engineering or European equivalent.
· Relevant experience gained in a similar position
· Proven track record of working effectively with Diesel engineering technology, associated systems and controls
- Continental Shift Pattern, will incorporate 10.5 / 11 hour shifts across Days & Nights