£30500 - £34312 per annum
about 2 months ago
We are currently seeking Technicians on a permanent basis to join a growing rail business based in Peterborough.
As a Technician you will be working on a varied shift pattern and will be offered a base salary of £30,500 plus a 12.5% shift allowance (mornings and afternoons). This equates to a total salary of £34,312.50
Prime functions of a Technician are locomotive maintenance to ensure fleet reliability. You will be responsible for the high quality and effective execution of allocated contract maintenance and engineering projects within agreed timescales and budgets.
Must have: These roles are open to individuals with Locomotive experience or technicians with experience on Large Diesel Engines.
As a Technician your role will include various tasks such as:
· Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification and fault-finding activities as necessary
· Take the lead role in progressing specific technical engineering issues as directed by line manager, providing guidance to other engineers as necessary
· Work with the Business Development team to identify new business opportunities and to maintain existing customer satisfaction
· Providing written reports and provide information for line manager and other managers as required
· Engineering Apprenticeship or Level 3 equivalent experience
· Proven track record of working effectively with Diesel engineering technology, associated systems and controls
· Ability to develop competences and expertise in both self and others in order to gain a satisfactory standard and deliver results within agreed timescales.
· Able to work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality
· Non-confrontational when handling or involved in conflict situations and able to adopt a passive and non-demanding working ethic in order to achieve agreed and acceptable standards and timescales.
· A logical, analytical and objective approach to problem solving and fault diagnosis
If you are a Technician and looking for your next opportunity contact me now to discuss further.