£48000 per annum
about 1 month ago
£48,000 per annum
We are currently recruiting dedicated Lead Engineering Technicians to join our client in the West Midlands. The successful candidates will be responsible to service, complex fault find and repair rolling stock assets.
- Maintain the condition of the work site, materials and equipment
- Adhere to health, safety, environmental & quality practices in the workplace
- Prepare for and undertake planned and unplanned maintenance activities
- Confirm that traction and rolling stock assets comply with operational specifications by the use of engineering processes and techniques
- Read and extract information from traction and rolling stock drawings and specifications
- Prepare for and undertake the removal and replacement of traction and rolling stock components
- Modify or manufacture traction and rolling stock components by material removal using hand tools
- Assemble traction and rolling stock components using engineering processes and techniques
- Install new traction and rolling stock components using engineering processes and techniques
- Identify, assess and rectify defects and discrepancies on rolling stock assets
- Identify repeat defects on rolling stock assets and suggest / carry out repairs
- Create technical scopes of work for fault rectification by other members of staff
- Support reliability technicians with regards reliability improvements to rolling stock assets
- Attend and provide technical support with failures in service when on duty
- Provide operational support to users of rolling stock assets
- Keep SAP record system up to date with clear and concise information of work carried out.
- Develop professionally and support good working relationships
- Learn new skills in accordance with business demands as required
- Liaison with internal and external personnel as required to complete the duties of the post
- Other responsibilities relevant to the role based on localised requirements
Required Skills and Experience:
- HNC or served apprenticeship with mechanical, electrical disciplines/engineering based NVQ level 3.
- Maintenance and fault finding skills
- Sound knowledge of, and compliance to, rules and regulations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good team worker.