Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
11 months ago
Are you a Lead Hand seeking a new opportunity? Have you considered an opportunity within the rail industry?
Currently seeking Lead Hand on a permanent basis to join a growing rail business based in Milton Keynes.
As a skilled welder you will be working on a varied shift pattern and will be offered a fantastic salary of £30,000 which increases to £32,000 after a 6-month probation period.
As a Lead Hand you will oversee the stores department within the company, ensuring that it is run, managed and handled accordingly to the company’s requirements.
As a Lead Hand your role will include various tasks such as:
- Arrange and coordinate stock cycle counts.
- Arrange and coordinate full stock takes
- Take all accountability for stock and stock levels within the stores department.
- Coordination of all stores’ staff, ensuring effective communication, workload management with measures (targets) set and frequently monitored.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the facility, ensuring a safe and well-organized operation, working in association with the company H & S representative and Production Supervisor / Manager.
- Company fleet of vehicles, maintaining their service, tax and MOT obligations, ensuring they are kept clean and road worthy. A record of mileage to be maintained within each vehicle. A plan of their use to be displayed within the stores area and a process adopted that books their usage using a check-in / check-out system.
- Prior Experience of running an engineering stores department.
- Ability to take ownership of the department and all aspects of it.
- Full UK Driving License
If you are a Lead Hand and looking for your next exciting opportunity contact me now to discuss further.