£60000 - £65000 per annum, Benefits: 15% bonus, working from home 1 day, 25 days holiday
about 2 months ago
£60,000-£65,000 + bonus
TXM Recruit are partnering with an international manufacturer who supply products & services to some of the largest FMCG brands- on their search for a Laboratory Manager.
As Laboratory & Regulatory Manager you will lead a team of 7 Laboratory Analysts and a department that supports NPD, material characterisations, customer technical support and quality investigations for products that make a significant contribution to sustainability and recycling within the FMCG supply-chain.
You will have particular experience within analytical chemistry + instrumentation and testing, including ICP-OES and FT-IR. Ideally experience within metal characterisation and the impact of chemicals and coatings.
Laboratory Manager responsibilities:
- Safe & effective operation of the laboratory, accurate and timely reporting of lab activities to support manufacturing sites and customers (some of the largest FMCG brands)
- Manage projects for Quality Assurance, material qualifications, method developments and design of experiments
- Establish & maintain a calibration program for testing equipment that affect quality results
- Regulatory compliance
- Responsibility for gaining and continue accreditation to ISO9001
- Lead & Support resolution of material & product quality issue
- Collaboration with material suppliers to ensure all materials meet requirements
- Lead periodical review meetings with material suppliers
- Essential – Degree in Chemistry or chemical science.
- Ideally experienced with testing of metals and coatings
- Formal Laboratory experience
- Experienced with laboratory analytical techniques such as ICP-OES, FT-IR and SEM/EDX
- Team management experience
- 15% Bonus, 25 days holiday, Healthcare and Life Cover
- 4 days at site and 1 working from home
TXM Recruit and our client an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.