Reading, United Kingdom
over 2 years ago
Role - Inspector (Permanent) 75% inspection 25% Leadership
Location - Berkshire
Rate - up to £competitive per hour PAYE + shift allowance if opt for night shift.
- To inspect components to drawing specifications and where required, satisfy control plan criteria in accordance to client quality standards.
- To identify and problem solve 1st offs, batch inspections and final inspections.
- To utilise manual inspection methods, 1st Principle techniques, Mitutoyo / Zeiss CMM's, Contour Trace, Surftest and FARO Arm, adhering to company quality standards.
- To verify documentation, ensuring drawings, parts and documentation are all in order at commencement of operation.
- To understand engineering drawings and geometric tolerances in order to carry out:-
- Visual inspection techniques
- 1st Principle Inspection
- Contour Trace Inspection
- Bench Inspection
- CMM Inspection - Zeiss / Mitutoyo
- To promote continuous improvement in measurement techniques, multi-setting and unattended running.
- Defect capture / accurate and concise reporting - raising non-conformance reports and ensure that the parts are effectively packaged with the correct documentation in quarantine.
Education, Qualifications and Training
Engineering Training - E
Engineering Apprenticeship - E
Experience as an Inspector in an Engineering Environment - E
Knowledge of working in Motorsport/Aerospace - D
Knowledge of Gear Manufacture - D
CMM Experience (any Make/Model) - D
CMM Experience on Automatic Mitutoyo - E
(Software Cosmos 3.2) or Zeiss - D
Defect Reporting experience - E
Basic use of computer based systems - E
Experience of working in an environment of:-
First Off's, Batch Inspections and Final Inspections - E
Special Requirements of the role
To be flexible within the workplace and work overtime when necessary, including Saturdays - E
If you are looking for a long term option working for a prestigious motorsport manufacturer who are considered the best in their field, please send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01908 228642