£51500 per annum
23 days ago
The role is to provide immediate in service technical support to services requiring technical assistance by communicating safety critical and technical advice verbally to train-crew. Protect the TOC’s Train Plan and Performance Regime by reducing delays through real time diagnostic response information to train-crew, and ownership of improving "in traffic" reliability of the Units.
Responsible for ensuring any failures are managed safely and effectively within the defined response times. Direct technical support to any failure or escalate safety related faults to the engineering team for investigation or via the On-call procedure.
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
Ideally qualified to HNC level and served an approved apprenticeship or equivalent practical training, or experience on modern train maintenance activities in a function of ISO 9000 procedures
Relevant experience required (i.e. directly linked to the requirements of the position/role)
· Minimum of 3 years' experience, preferably on modern traction and rolling stock, and related experience in a "hands on capacity" is desirable.
· Good understanding of mechanical, electrical and electronic principles, and pneumatics
· Computer literate.
· Good understanding of English language (written and verbal),
· Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
· Relevant experience and track record in management or supervision is required (in a similar environment, i.e.: 24 hours, 7 days a week service industry).
· Ability to control and work in a small highly motivated team.
· Able to communicate at a professional and technical level with the customer, team and senior management.
· Ability to manage work to ensure maximum continual service provision by maintaining a highly motivated self-awareness.
If you believe you fit the requirements and would like some more information on the role please get in touch with Charlie Webster at TXM Recruit.