£51000 per annum
18 days ago
Salary: £51,000 with a £2500 shift pattern allowance
Working hours: 42-hour week, overtime is available extra shifts
Shift pattern: 4 days 4 off 4 nights 4 off, 12 hours shift 6am – 6pm and then 6pm – 6am nights (weekends and bank holidays)
Location: Ilford / Seven kings (some outstation work for breakdowns)
Qualifications needed: Level 3 minimum but added experience of completed similar role of fault-finding experience.
What you’ll need
- Electrical test engineer and product introduction technician experience.
- Technical support for commissioning the fleet
- Carry out various maintenance tasks including fitness to runs, train preps, modifications, fleet checks and software updates.
- Respond to emergency breakdowns and ensure equipment fault is rectified in a speedy manner.
- Experience in undertaking preventative and corrective maintenance on high value safety critical equipment.
- Experience in fault finding, root cause analysis and diagnosing faults in complex mechanical, electrical, electronic systems.
- Experience in the use of computer based diagnostic and electrical testing equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical schematics.
- Prepare for and undertake planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Confirm that traction and rolling stock assets comply with operational specifications by the use of engineering processes and techniques.
- Read and extract information from drawings and specifications
- Prepare for and undertake the removal and replacement of the components
- Modify or manufacture components by material
- Install, assemble components using engineering processes and techniques
- Identify, assess and rectify defects and discrepancies on the assets
- Support technicians with reliability improvements
- Attend and provide technical support with failures in service when on duty
If the above job sounds like a role you are interested in and have the experience for click to apply now!