Due to business growth, we are looking to recruit a Health, Safety & Environmental Engineer to join this fast paced manufacturing business.
You will carry out Risk, COSHH and Fire Risk Assessments and implement appropriate risk reduction as well as conducting site safety inspection and participating in internal Healthy, safety and Environmental audits. You will be expected to maintain records relating to Healthy, safety and Environmental, Incidents and Accidents and investigate accidents and near misses. You will be expected to keep up-to-date with health and Safety Legislation and best practice and work closely with managers to advise on on specialist Healthy, safety and Environmental areas i.e. fire regulations, hazardous substances and machinery guarding
Skills and Experience
- Nebosh Certificated – working towards Diploma/Level 6 qualification
- A member of a relevant recognised professional body.
- Experienced in a similar role within a manufacturing environment.
- Possess good planning and organisational skills..
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experienced working with H&S and Environmental management systems.
- Project a positive, enthusiastic and professional approach to the role actively promoting a positive HSE culture.
- Internal/external auditing qualified would be highly desirable