Up to £68,000
6 days ago
Responsible for leading the Product Design and Development teams based in Crewe. Support and develop existing and new innovative electronic & software products in accordance with national and internationally recognised standards and to meet customer requirements.
- Lead a team of up to 10 Principle/Senior Engineers and manage to schedule, cost and quality
- Responsible for ensuring all engineering projects meet stringent safety, quality, cost and delivery targets for national and international markets.
- Ensure the Engineering team defines, delivers competitive, validated designs and technical solutions to project and customer requirements.
- Responsible for product technical, quality and safety standards and overseeing projects from inception through to final delivery and field testing to ensure compliance.
- Work with the other Heads of Product Design & Development to review, maintain and develop engineering tools, software and processes that meet current and future products and business requirements.
- Actively seek new technologies and develop into new products and technologies
- Create the vision and strategic direction for new products, lead, inspire and motivate the team to deliver innovative solutions designs driving cultural and business change.
- Represent the Company at external forums, conferences and exhibitions
- Project management experience is essential
- Embedded Software and Electronics experience is essential
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent in an Engineering or Project Management discipline
- Experience in a product development role operating at a 'Head of' level ideally
- Background in product design, development, innovation and design for manufacture
- Sound commercial and business acumen
- Excellent proven leadership skills
- Experience in the Rail industry is advantageous
25 days holiday + statutory Bank Holidays
- DC Pension scheme
- Car Allowance £482 per month
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Hybird working