28 days ago
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Grid Specialist/Grid Manager to join a leading Solar PV Developer. Specialising in the development of large-scale, grid-connected solar farms you would be instrumental in their growth within the UK market.
Your primary responsibility will be to assist with the grid connection aspects of the projects from initial conception to full planning submission status.
As a Grid Specialist/Grid Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying new leads using GIS and following the journey with the DNO, and the Land team, until the lead progresses to an active project.
- Undertake initial yield assessment of potential solar sites.
- Being the go-to technical and grid design expertise person for any support required in the development of projects.
- Mentoring and passing the knowledge torch on to less experienced team members.
- Engaging with DNOs and trade bodies at Stakeholder events and ensuring that policies are helping, not hindering, renewable deployment and the route to #netzero.
- Completing formal grid connection applications.
- Participating in the technical DD process.
- Engaging with the DNO post-acceptance to ensure the project is moving along and all the procedural or technical boxes are ticked off.
As a Grid Specialist/Grid Manager, you will have the following skills and experiences:
- Team player with great communication skills and a structured way of working.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in utility-scale solar farm development.
- Proficient with MS Office and comfortable at creating models on Excel to assist with your designs/assessment.
- Commercial awareness of how design decisions and equipment specifications can affect the profitability of a project. Financial modelling experience would be advantageous.
- Experience in the design of multi-megawatt Solar PV installations using AutoCAD and PVSyst would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience in working with distribution network operators (DNO) and
- Bachelor’s Degree in Renewable Energy, Engineering, or related discipline.
An exciting and positive work environment, where you will be joining a dynamic and forward-thinking team. You will enjoy a fulfilling career in a sector that will continue to grow as the UK looks to drive a Green Economic Recovery.