16 days ago
- Assist in the management of projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- The preparation of estimates, cost plans and tender documentation and Employers Requirements using various forms of measurement and contracts.
- Have experience of measurement for Schedule of Works and Bills of Quantities production.
- The preparation and agreement of interim valuations with contractors and issue recommendations for payment.
- The pricing of variations throughout the duration of the project and provide cost advice.
- Attend site meetings and provide input and support to the project.
- The pricing and preparation of monthly financial cost reports and cash flow forecasts throughout the period of a project.
- Agree re-measurement of quantities with contractors, and the preparation and agreement of final accounts and claims. Prepare final accounts for clients.
- The preparation and analysis of statistical cost information to monitor trends in the Building Industry and assisting with cost planning future projects.
- Assist in the administration of contracts, typically the JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Provide assistance to other disciplines as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Assist in the role of Employers Agent.
- Degree educated (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying or another relevant construction discipline or currently enrolled on a course.
- Knowledge of the various forms of procurement and industry standard contracts.
- Good commercial awareness and communication skills.
- Use of computerised measurement package would be useful.
- Good team player.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Confident with MS project and MS Excel