Food Safety Manager – Food Production
We are searching for an experienced Food Safety and compliance professional to join an established food production company with a strong history as a leading supplier within the industry.
This is a time of increased growth for the business and continuous improvement the company are looking to strengthen the Food Safety arm of the business to support engineering and production.
Food Safety Manager responsibilities:
- To have systems in place to limit, identify and understand Food Safety issues within the business and escalate risks to Senior Management in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all proposals and actions are documented and closed out.
- Take responsibility for the development and maintenance of site HACCP & Pre-requisite programmes to ensure on the production of legal safe food at all times.
- Ensure that the procedures for HACCP controls and escalation are effective & validated.
- Promote and train staff on cross functional food safe culture.
- Partner with the Operations & Engineering Departments to reduce and eliminate food safety risks.
- Conduct incident and customer complaint investigations and respond to Customer enquiries efficiently.
Food Safety Key performance indicators
- Compliance with annual Food Safety complaint targets
- Reductions in food safety complaints/incidents
- ‘A’ grade or above in all audits
- Compliance with annual set performance targets
- Food Science, Science or Engineering qualification at Degree level or above.
- Previous experience of working in a FMCG environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of food safety and food safety based audits
- Minimum HACCP Level 3 Qualification
- Detailed understanding of COSHH
- Experience in Lean methodologies
If you are interested in the Food Safety Manager position and have the required experience, please send your CV and contact James Powell of TXM Recruit.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.