Derby, United Kingdom
about 1 year ago
Would you like to be an integral part of some of the UK's most innovative train operating companies? TXM Recruit are working with one of the fastest growing train operatives to recruit a Fleet Technical Engineer.
The suitable person will be an experienced technical engineer, with an understanding of mechanical, electrical and pneumatic interfaces of train movements, DMU, EMUs and other rolling stock.
- As directed by the Head of Engineering, create technical files, CSM-RA, and supporting documentation for engineering change, compatibility assessments, modifications and approvals tasks.
- Liaising closely with the Commercial team, provide detailed technical knowledge and understanding during the assessment and development of new flows of traffic, particularly about the interfaces between new and existing traction and rolling stock
- To provide technical engineering knowledge and skills to ensure safe and efficient operation of the fleet of traction and rolling stock with all variants of other traction and rolling stock
- Provide input to the development of new locomotives, multiple units and rolling stock.
- Provide support for commissioning and testing programmes for new traction and rolling stock
- Demonstrable skills, qualification and experience in railway engineering
- Computer literacy on typical MS Office tools and railway mainframe systems
- Detailed knowledge of R2 and TOPS
- Willingness to travel and work away from home as required by the business
- Ability to drive (road vehicle)
- Understanding of business development and implementation processes.
- Detailed understanding of railway infrastructure, facilities and geography
For more information contact Jorge Eley on either firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07741664290. TXM Recruit Rail Specialist