An exciting opportunity has arisen for several Fitters to join one of our key Engineering/Rail clients based in Longport on a permanent basic. A salary of £24,000 + 7.5% shift allowance is on offer as well as other company benefits.
As a Fitter your shifts will vary between both early and late shifts. The shift times would be 06:00 – 14:30 and 14:00 – 22:30
As a Fitter you will deliver high quality production services (repair, overhaul, and modifications) in a safe and efficient manner. You will be responsible for the quality of own work, cleaning and tidying of work area.
These roles are open to individuals from an ex-military, REME, engineering and manufacturing background looking to start a career within the rail industry.
As a Fitter your role will include various tasks such as:
- To ensure that our customer’s products are maintained/repaired/overhauled/modified to current legal, national, industry and company standards within Electro Motive’s contractual responsibilities.
- To ensure that our customers products are delivered on time and to budget following maintenance/repair/overhaul/modification by Electro Motive.
- Responsible for carrying out all technical and non-technical duties and responsibilities within company work instructions guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul activities as necessary, including reasonable travel (UK and International) including staying away overnight as required
- Higher or Advanced Diploma or equivalent.
- Hold relevant City and Guilds, Awarding Body Consortium (ABC), EMTA Awards Ltd, SVQs, Technical Certificates or equivalent.
- Search out errors, rectify omissions, perfect systems and procedures which will ultimately raise the quality and standards of all tasks undertaken.
- Develop and comply with the systems, procedures, rules, objectives and timescales set by the organization and take a disciplined approach when undertaking tasks.
- Communicate effectively and through example and expertise create a participative and involved atmosphere.
- Encourage a high level of performance in self and others.
If you are a fitter and looking for your next exciting opportunity contact me now to discuss further.