£32000 per annum
about 2 months ago
As a fitter you will be working on a varied shift pattern and will be offered a starting salary £32000. This salary will increase upon becoming fully competent on site.
We are looking for fitters from a heavy engineering background including ex forces.
As a Fitter your role will include various tasks such as:
· Maintain, service, fault find and repair locomotives in accordance with the approved maintenance plans.
· Ensure the Asset Management system and relevant paperwork is completed on time and to the company ‘expected standard’.
· Ensure pre use checks on tooling and equipment is completed.
· Ensure all relevant AMS work for examinations and repairs is correctly completed on time and to required company standards.
· Participate in all relevant training and competency assessments that the post holder is nominated to complete.
· Attend safety/quality and technical briefings as required.
· Undertake general duties relative to cleanliness of workshop areas, mess room, toilets etc. as required, ensure high standards of workshop husbandry are always maintained.
· Top up fuel and sand levels of the locomotive at the end of the day.
Competencies required for a fitter would be:
· Engineering qualification, preferably to HNC standard in electrical or mechanical engineering
· At least 3 years broadly based experience of Traction & Rolling Stock, including maintenance, repair and fault finding (Desirable)
· The ability to make sound engineering decisions.
· Basic communication skills, written & oral.
If you are a fitter and interested in this role and feel you have the above skill set, please click to apply.