£24000 - £27000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Here at TXM we are looking for a number of Mechanical Rail Heavy Fitters on a permanent basis.
Salary: £27,000 including a 12.5% shift allowance.
Shifts: Earlies 0600-1430 Mon-Thurs 0600-1200 Fri and Noon’s 1400-2230 Mon-Thurs 1100-1700 Fri
TXM are recruiting for a Mechanical Heavy Fitter who can think on their feet to join an expanding heavy maintenance team at a newly refurbished rail depot in Stoke. Main duties will be working on the re-power project which consists of stripping old locomotives and modifying/upgrading them to modern standards, you will also be involved in the maintenance of some of the UK’s main freight operator’s fleets of locomotives.
As an experienced fitter you will be working on a varied shift pattern and will be offered a salary of £27,000 inclusive of a shift allowance plus other company benefits. Experience of working with heavy maintenance/Rail carriages is required.
As a skilled fitter you will deliver high quality production services (repair, overhaul, and modifications) in a safe and efficient manner. You will be responsible for the quality of own work, cleaning and tidying of work area.
These roles are open to individuals from an engineering and manufacturing background looking to start a career within the rail industry.
As a skilled fitter your role will include various tasks such as:
- To ensure that our customer’s products are maintained/repaired/overhauled/modified to current legal, national, industry and company standards within the contractual responsibilities.
- To ensure that our customers products are delivered on time and to budget following maintenance/repair/overhaul/modification.
- Responsible for carrying out all technical and non-technical duties and responsibilities within company work instructions guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul activities as necessary, including reasonable travel (UK and International) including staying away overnight as required
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent.
- Develop and comply with the systems, procedures, rules, objectives and timescales set by the organization and take a disciplined approach when undertaking tasks.
- Communicate effectively and through example and expertise create a participative and involved atmosphere.
- Encourage a high level of performance in self and others.