Normanton , United Kingdom
5 months ago
We are currently recruiting for a Fire Safety Manager on behalf of our globally established and respected client.
The Fire Safety Manager will be responsible for the overall lead and management of clear, consistent and quality fire safety management repairs and improvements, on a strategic and operational level throughout the entirety of the Wakefield contract. You will ensure our client meets both statutory and non-statuary fire safety responsibilities in relation to legislation and associated building regulations. You will also be required to provide a professional advisory service, embracing all areas of fire safety management.
- Ensure the effective delivery of all fire safety works are completed to a high level of customer satisfaction, to a standard of legal compliance. Providing assurance to the Operational Management Team on all fire safety matters.
- Manage the fire risk assessment programmes and ensure robust systems are in place for appropriate fire safety with all assets register items included.
- Provide leadership and expert technical knowledge to manage compliance of all aspects of fire safety across all assets, ensuring the services are maintained and improved.
- Assist in procurement of contractors for fire safety (maintenance and small construction), drafting work specifications and quality standard where needed. Participate on tender of valuation and contractor selection as required.
- Providing on-going advice on the competency of contractors and operatives to undertake works and ensuring robust contract management of the selected contractors by monitoring quality of work to determine compliance with fire safety legislation and guidance.
- Ensure fire risk assessments, inspections and audits across the contract, including residential premises, and work places are undertaken.
- Develop and implement fire safety emergency plans and procedures for all residential, commercial and work place premises.
- Establish mechanisms to manage effectively, property information for all aspects of building work relation to fire to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Prepare fire safety reports and statistical information for management, executive or board committees as required.
- Design and develop customer orientated fire safety awareness programs, intended to raise awareness of fire safety regulations, both in the workplace and within residential estates.
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of databases, recorded keeping updated and quality work is inspected to a high standard.
- Work closely with all staff and operatives across the contract, proving technical advice and support on all aspects in relation to fire safety.
- To carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as request by management.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and regulation for managing fire safety.
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating ability in delivery effective compliance procedures and services.
- Experience of setting up monitoring systems to assess risk.
- Carrying out inspections.
- Experience managing a team in which compliance was achieved and ensured.
- Proven experience of managing contractors developing successful relationships, achieving challenging targets and objectives.
- Experience of delivery training.
- Developing and delivering policies and procedures.
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate
- IOSH Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety (Fire Inspectors) - Preferred
- Member of Institute of Fire Engineers – Advantageous
- Relevant Asset Management, Construction and / or Fire Safety Qualifications.
If you are interested in beginning a new chapter in your career and wanting to work for an established, well known organisation who are renound for personal development and promoting from within then why not get in touch today?