£30000 - £40000 per annum
9 days ago
Well you are in luck! TXM are recruiting for Field Service Engineer. You will be based in Ireland on a permanent contract. BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES You will carry out the following duties on customer premises;
- On site repairs and overhaul
- Rail Coupler Product updates and Modifications
- Pre Delivery Inspections
- Warranty Investigations
- Transmission Changeouts
- Attend service calls at customer's premises and rectify faults on vehicles as dictated by workload, and customer requirements.
- Maintain Rail product updates and modifications, in line with agreed plan with customer
- Attend customer premises to carry out transmission changeouts
- Undertake Pre-delivery inspections at vehicle builder premises
- Provide on-site product training for customers, including computer set-up and operation of software for diagnostics, when requested.
- Provide support, assistance and back-up for visiting specialist engineers.
- Provide technical support for customers, and sales personnel.
- Process and collate Field Service Engineers Claim XP job reports, print off chargeable reports and transfer to admin staff.
- Assist admin staff with technical queries relating to spare parts etc.
- Undertake customer visits to discuss technical and service issues and to promote Voith product.
- Liaise with and advise workshop staff in relation to warranty status of transmissions and components.
- Responsible for tools/materials/equipment and inventory control in appropriate depot.
- Maintain Mobile facility to high standards expected from Voith at all times
- Ensure company vehicle is maintained in line with company guidelines
- Ideally Apprenticeship trained, with experience in either the Rail or Commercial vehicle industry with at least 5 years’ experience after the Apprenticeship.
- Working on your own initiative will be a key element as you will be working under the supervision of a team member but in different Locations.
- Excellent communications kills as you will be liaising with customers on a daily basis.
- Good IT skills for diagnostic work and supporting reports
- A clean driving licence is required.
- Salary Bracket €30,000 - €40,000 (dependent on experience)
- Company vehicle provided
- 20 days holiday (pro rata) will go up after to 2 years’ service
- Annual Bonus (pro rata on year of joining)
- Life Assurance
- Private Health Care
- Other Benefits