£19.60 per hour
about 1 month ago
Responsible for routine preventative and corrective maintenance tasks, first line inspection, call out, electrical and mechanical fault finding and repair to all Train Maintenance Centre (TMC) fixed and portable Infrastructure to include but not limited to –
- Civil and Buildings – e.g. all external and internal building/site fabric.
- Fixed & Mobile Plant – all plant equipment located at the TMC
- Information, Communication Technology and Security Systems
- Mechanical + Electrical Systems to include Heating, Venting, Cooling and electrical systems.
- Specialist Equipment – Bogie Drop, Wheel lathe, train wash, fuel farms, Servicing spines, MRX
- Permanent Way Systems – All Track, points and cross overs & 25KV overhead line equipment
- Soft Services – Monitor contractors, pest control, landscaping/track side vegetation control.
- General maintenance -replacing bulbs, toilet seats, unblocking sinks, painting, testing fire alarms, PAT testing, record and submit utilities readings.
Ensure all Infrastructure and plant visual inspections, routine preventative and corrective maintenance tasks and repairs are recorded correctly in the SAP system to provide an auditable record of work undertaken.
Act as a specialist subject matter expert with regards to specialist equipment. Be prepared to travel and overnight away from base location for short periods to support other TMCs / locations around the UK with ongoing issues.
Train Maintenance Centre Winterisation and Summarisation tasks including snow clearance and de-icing of footpaths to ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
Initiation of “contractor call out” when required and supervision of third party contractors on site
Raising and completion of the permit to work including working at height, track possessions, and hot working permits.
Undertake fork truck and battery operated vehicle driving duties within depot confines in accordance with the depot operating procedures and instructions
Actively participate in the ongoing continuous improvement activities for Infrastructure maintenance to share experience and knowledge a crossed other TMCs
Support the Business Assurance organisation with planned safety inspections, safety tours and contractor audits.
Waste management – monitor all waste streams to ensure staff and contractors are managing waste in line with Hitachi procedures.
Infrastructure spare parts – Ensure spare parts are requested from the stores, fitted correctly and defect parts returned to the store in line with Hitachi procedures. Notify line manager when materials and consumables require replacement.
Daily checks of all building services and plant rooms to ensure all infrastructure is functioning correctly.
If you are interested in the role and would like some more information please get in touch with Thomas Kellogg at TXM Recruit on either 07711470024 or email@example.com