£250 per day
about 1 month ago
The company aims to grow outside of its core markets of Japan and Europe, particularly in North America, the Middle East, Nordics and APAC. In those locations the business is looking build brand presence by promoting the new solutions it offers, the success of projects that it’s delivering and its growing economic and social contribution. This role’s responsibility is to work with local comms & marketing teams to tell more engaging stories with a broader reach.
Develop the infrastructure & relationships
To reach new media and stakeholder audiences, this role will support the development and management of new global media monitoring, distribution and engagement tools. This role will also lead the engagement with key journalists around the world covering transport, technology or business.
- Lead media and content campaigns to enhance global reputation, in topics that include decarbonisation, innovation and mobility as a service.
- Support the upskilling and training of our Executive Leaders for media or external presentations
- Write and oversee the production of articles, speeches, blogs, press releases and other content on behalf of our Exec leaders to Build the Brand
- Build strong relationships with key journalists and stakeholders around the world covering topics including transport, technology or business
- Work with regions External Communications & Marketing teams to generate positive stories for global amplification so the business’ success can reach a wider audience
This role would suit someone with a real enthusiasm for media engagement and a desire to tell proactive stories. Good in a crisis and delivering to tight deadlines, they will have mature judgement about how to manage challenging reputational issues too.
Skills and Expertise:
- 5+ years’ experience in media relations or external communications role, with experience of developing and pitching stories to tier 1 media
- Excellent written skills with the ability to write press releases, articles, blogs, narratives, speeches and other written content
- Event management and stakeholder engagement experience
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience of approaches and techniques to amplify stories through owned channels and content
- Role falls INSIDE IR35
- Initial 6 month contract