Role - Expeditor / Progress Chaser
Location - St Neots
Rate - Competitive hourly rate
TEMP to PERM
We are currently looking to recruit an expeditor / progress chaser for one of our clients in St Neots who manufacture PCB components for clients in the Aerospace, Medical and Automotive sectors.
- This is a full time temporary position which could go permanent after 12 weeks.
- Working at St Neots the hours are Monday – Thursday 8.00 – 4.30pm with 30 minute lunch break and Friday 8.00 – 2.00
- This is an office based position working on the ERP system (Navision).
- Candidate should have strong administrative skills and competent in Word/Excel & Outlook.
- They will performs a variety of coordinating, routing, and material handling duties to meet production schedules.
- Expedites parts to remedy shortage problems on the system and by phone.
- Tracks delivery of materials within and outside company and maintains records on material flow.
- Ensures incoming materials are properly routed on the system.
- Monitor the flow of materials and parts between departments in order to meet scheduled commitments on the ERP system.
- Expediting of open purchase orders to ensure timely delivery and material availability.
- Assess material allocations and production plan to forecast and request materials requirements.
- Communicate daily with the Production Manager to assess current material needs and to address any problems.
- Ensure the smooth transition of materials into the production area through the system.
- Daily communication with the Production Manager and department Supervisors to learn production schedules to ensure parts are available on time to meet production deadlines.
- Coordinate with the purchasing team to expedite inventory replenishment of any materials that are damaged and rectify any shortages as required.
- Chase suppliers and ensure communication with suppliers is sustained on a daily basis to ensure the flow of materials is maintained to support production.
- Maintenance of ERP system.
- Resolving queries.
- Proven experience within a similar role or have a, purchasing or production planning background.
- Comfortable working in fast paced environment.
- Able to build rapport with suppliers with proven experience of managing suppliers.
- Experience in an electronics manufacturing organisation helpful.
- Strong IT skills required. Excellent communicator (written and verbal).
If you are looking for new position and would like to know more, please call Craig Pledge on 01908 228642 or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org