£55000 per annum
7 months ago
Purpose of the Role:
To manage the core engineering function. To drive standards and consistency, in line with the business quality systems, industry best practice and legislation.
- Accountable for the overall engineering leadership and management across the business
- Ensuring design is defined and delivered in accordance with appropriate guidance, standards and client requirements.
- Provide strategic direction to the Engineering Team on areas of design and delivery.
- Identifying, managing and maintaining appropriate engineering and technical resources in terms of number of people, capability and experience to undertake all of the technical roles across region.
- All external technical approvals and technical governance processes across the business.
- Coordination of quality information provided by the delivery teams to facilitate effective handover to the sales and operations teams as applicable.
- Being the single point of contact for all strategic technical matters.
- Resolving technical issues and optimising solutions to deliver Value for Money for the benefit of the business.
- Play a leading role in the effective management of change within the business.
- Identifying, managing and reporting on key technical risks.
- Challenging ideas and the robustness of solutions proposed.
- Leading the technical design, planning, control and assurance of the design, manufacturing, delivery and handover with the business.
- Driving quality and compliance documentation through progressive completions and commissioning.
- Innovate and lead others to innovative solutions to deliver improvements.
- Must be from Rail with Engineering department experience – managing people, oversight and measurement of the personnel
- Preferably Chartered Status or either on this route or lastly willing to undertake
- Degree qualified
- Door system and entrance systems experience is desirable
- Willing to travel to Germany
- Extensive knowledge of methods / practices and ability to solve complex challenges.
If you believe you fit the requirements and would like some more information on the role please click 'APPLY' and we will be in touch shortly.