£19.02 - £26.75 per hour
18 days ago
A new opportunity has opened for a number of Electrical Technicians for one of the largest Global train Manufactures.
We are looking for individuals from a rolling stock, REME and Aircraft (Avionics) background who hold advanced experience within the field of Electrical and Electronics.
Location: Craigentinny depot
Contract: 6 months
Pay: £25.27 hourly (Inside ir35) Would need to go Umbrella or PAYE which is £19.02.
Hours: 40 - 50 hours Monday - Friday days. (Overtime is paid at the higher rate after 12 weeks)
Qualification: Level 3 minimum
Duties could include the following:
• Underframe/IP connector checks – checking the wires are connected correctly
• Door interlock switch protection plates (protects it being damaged)
• Header panel pin change – not the correct pins put in
• Wifi change out – includes fitting and drilling antennas, aerials, data cables and the wifi hub
• Carrying out work recording via both paperwork and computer (SAP)
• Fitting and re-fitting electrical components
• Uploading and downloading software data
• Electrical pinning and de-pinning
• Detailed electrical wiring
• Follow schematics
• Basic fault finding and fluke meter tests
• Implementation of modifications IAW Mod instructions
• Checking of defect reporting systems designed to advise known safety defects or restrictions applicable to the movement of the Train.
• Checking the presence of external equipment and systems connected to the vehicle, or in the path of the vehicle.
• Removing, replacing and fault finding of Rolling Stock components
• Checking the safe condition of passenger and train crew accommodation, for example lighting, heating etc.
• Door systems checks
• Checking Oil levels / Oil Change
• Checking Water levels
• Using a Laptop to run a diagnostics check
• Carry out basic Heating & Ventilation modifications
• Carry out basic seating modifications / Grab rail modifications
• Checking Driver seats / Wiper motors/ Couplers/ Actuators
• Working from detailed schematic drawings
• Test Continuity using Fluke / Multi-Meter
• Exhaust modification (to reduce emissions)
If you are interested please click to apply or contact Kenny McEvoy from TXM Recruit.